Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Symptoms of My Insanity by Mindy Raf


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on The Symptoms of My Insanity by Mindy Raf.

 A laugh-out-loud, bittersweet debut full of wit, wisdom, heart, and a hilarious, unforgettable heroine.

When you’re a hypochondriac, there are a million different things that could be wrong with you, but for Izzy, focusing on what could be wrong might be keeping her from dealing with what’s really wrong.


I almost raised my hand, but what would I say? “Mr. Bayer, may I please be excused? I’m not totally positive, but I think I might have cancer.” No way. Then everyone at school would know, and they would treat me differently, and I would be known as “Izzy, that poor girl who diagnosed herself with breast cancer during biology.”

But Izzy’s sense of humor can only get her so far when suddenly her best friend appears to have undergone a personality transplant, her mother’s health takes a turn for the worse, and her beautiful maybe-boyfriend is going all hot and cold. Izzy thinks she’s preparing for the worst-case scenario, but when the worst-case scenario actually hits, it’s a different story altogether—and there’s no tidy list of symptoms to help her through the insanity.

The Symptoms of My Insanity will be available April 18, 2013.

4 comments:

  1. This book actually sounds like a lot of fun. But it also sounds like it could be heartbreaking? I'm confused and I like it!


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell by the title alone that i'll really like this book :) Nice pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I missed this one - It sounds fun but heartwarming. Fantastic choice!!!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...