Friday, November 16, 2012

News

The Dudes of YA.  This is amazing.  AMAZING!  I want them all to be my friends.  Especially Adam Rex.  From The Weeklings.

Want.  Want now.  I don't know what I'd make yet, but I must have this fabric. 

Way to go Tina Weber! You tell 'em! ACLU sues Davis school district over removal of a book with same-sex parents. From Deseret News.

Stop calling children's books YA.  From The Huffington Post.

YA books were boys and girls work as equal partners.  From Stellar Four.

As I'm sure you know, The Hobbit is being made in to three movies.  I am super excited to see it, but think it's silly it had to be made in three movies.  What other movies could we stretch into three?  From TechRepublic.

Yeah, you know why "the second movie needed a little filling out?"  Because the entire second half of the book consist of everyone hanging around at the Cullens' waiting for the Volturi to show up, then when they do...everyone goes home.  The end.  From GalleyCat.

Oh, by the way, the Wandering Librarians are going to see The Twilight Sage: Breaking Dawn: Part 2: Electric Boogaloo on Saturday. Get ready.

I totally want this annotated version of Brother's Grimm fairy tales.  From NPR.

How Twilight made the movie business respect girl power].  From The Wrap.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what picture book would you want with you?  From The New York Times.

Where are the male role-models in YA books? From the Los Angeles Review of Books.

I love it!  Free libraries (because there are libraries that aren't free?) pop up in people's front yards.  From statesman.com.

20 stunning book illustrations.  From Creative Blog.

Lois Lowry talks about how reader's concern for characters in The Giver turned one book into four.  From SLJ.

Who has better covers, the U.S. or the U.K.?  For me it's a mix.  From PW.

Edward Gorey's not as macabre as you think.  From Salon.

A wonderful interview with Maurice Sendak.  From Believer.

Do I love this?  Do I hate this?  I don't know!  Board books of classics.  From PW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...