Monday, February 6, 2012

News

Censorship Battle Flares Up in Tucson School District.  From PW

Well, that didn't take long. FOX options John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.  From PW

An essay on the 50th anniversary of A Wrinkle in Time.  From The New York Times. 

It is now official.  DC will publish Before Watchman.  From The Beat.

SLJ's Battle of the Kid's Books is soon to kick off.  I am especially happy to see OK For Now, A Monster Calls, Chime, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone on the list.  I hope one of them wins! 

School library petition asking the Obama Administration to make school libraries a national priority exceeds 25,000 signatures. From SLJ.


I just don't think sex-themed books at Urban Outfitters are going to be the main place that her teenager might get her "young mind [is] bombarded with hard core sex."  Nice job Dedham police department for not going crazy.  From DedhamPatch.


Do I want the Collected Amethyst Princess of Gemworld when it comes out from DC?  I sure am.  From The Beat.

2 comments:

  1. Great lInks! Glad to have found your blog1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad thing is that my own system is performing outright censorship before the book even hit the shelves. It's really sad since I was looking forward to reading Habibi by Craig Thompson.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...