Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Irises by Francisco X. Stork


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on Irises by Francisco X. Stork.

Two sisters discover what's truly worth living for in the new novel by the author of MARCELO IN THE REAL WORLD.

TWO SISTERS: Kate is bound for Stanford and an M.D. -- if her family will let her go. Mary wants only to stay home and paint. When their loving but repressive father dies, they must figure out how to support themselves and their mother, who is in a permanent vegetative state, and how to get along in all their uneasy sisterhood.

THREE YOUNG MEN: Then three men sway their lives: Kate's boyfriend Simon offers to marry her, providing much-needed stability. Mary is drawn to Marcos, though she fears his violent past. And Andy tempts Kate with more than romance, recognizing her ambition because it matches his own. 

ONE AGONIZING CHOICE: Kate and Mary each find new possibilities and darknesses in their sudden freedom. But it's Mama's life that might divide them for good -- the question of *if* she lives, and what's worth living for.

Irises will be available January 1.

16 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds like a pretty intense book. I'll be on the lookout for it!

    Thank you for stopping by Book Cover Justice! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this, but it sounds really good and I'm putting it on my wishlist. I think the tone reminds me of something I read not too long ago and loved. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really heard of this one, but it looks good! Great WoW pick :D I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice contemporary choice and one I've been eager to hear more about. I've had this one in my TBR and it sounds really intriguing. Looking forward to checking out your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this book is really good, can't wait for it.

    Awesome pick!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been meaning to read this author's previous novel whose title escapes me right now. this one sounds amazing as well. great pick!

    thanks for stopping by our blog!

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of it, but it sounds good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab Wow!! Loving the sound of this one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That does sound intense! Hope you love it once it releases!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! I just adore contemp books like this. Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like it is going to be fabulous! Going to add it to my list right away.

    Have a super week and happy reading!
    Amy at Lady Reader's Bookstuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this on my TBR list too. It looks like a great book. I love stories with sisters in them. Great pick!

    Feel free to check out my YA WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds really good! I've never heard of it before. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard about this book until now, but I really enjoyed reading the blurb and will be adding it to my book wish list. Great WoW book choice.

    New Follower & Here Is My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks interesting! The cover is so eyecatching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a LOVELY cover! I haven't heard of this book, but it sure sounds very good! I like books about sisters!!!! Great choice!! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sorry for the late visit.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  16. haven't heard of these, but hope u enjoy them. Very cool covers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...