Monday, August 15, 2011

Fables Recreation?

In case you haven't heard the murmurings, one of our favorite graphic novels Fables has been made into a television show. Except it's been twisted, and I'm not sure if I like it. This version has a cop discover that he is the last of the line of Grimm which means that he can see fairytale creatures for what they are and must keep the world safe from their antics. I mean one of the great things about the Fables series is the fact that the fairy tales are all trying to be under the radar. The drama comes from them dealing with the issues that have developed from their actual experiences. On a practical note from what I see the visual effects are adequate.

Grimm will be on starting in the fall on Fridays at 9pm.


3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that Grimm is a different project that has some elements in common with Fables, but is not based on Fables. As far as I know (and I follow this stuff a bit), Fables never it to the pilot stage despite interest from a couple of different networks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this doesn't seem much like Fables at all, just another "fairy tale characters live among us" sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that makes more sense then. Thanks for clearing that up! I kept hearing rumblings and then nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...