Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: First Day on Earth by Cecil Casterllucci

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on First Day on Earth by Cecil Casterllucci.

A startling, wonderful novel about the true meaning of being an alien in an equally alien world.

We are specks. Pieces of dust in this universe. Big nothings.

I know what I am.

Mal lives on the fringes of high school. Angry. Misunderstood. Yet loving the world -- or, at least, an idea of the world.

Then he meets Hooper. Who says he's from another planet. And may be going home very soon. 


Intriguing!  I like the juxtaposition of a kid being an outcast because he's different and someone who may be an actual alien.

First Day on Earth comes out November 1.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! This one is new to me. I added it immediately to my to-read list. Thanks for sharing! Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, I work for a public library.
    Have a great week and enjoy your books!
    Joy at Books and Life

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...