Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random House Fall Book Buzz

Anna and I attended the Random House Fall Book Buzz to hear about upcoming titles that will be out this Fall. There were a number that I thought sounded good:

Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto. A widow is surprised when a man who looks exactly like her husband shows up at her door. She goes on a journey to find that she might not be a widow after all.

The Twelfth Enchantment by David Liss. This one sounded like lots of fun. It takes place in Regency England and sounds like a great mix of historical fiction and fantasy.

The Language of Flowers by Venessa Diffenbaugh. A young women who lives on the street and knows the Victorian language of flowers helps others with the flowers she chooses for them. Then a stranger helps her to question what's missing from her life.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. A circus arrives in town without warning. It will soon be the site of a dual between two magicians. They don't know it, but only one can survive. And they've fallen in love.

Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel. Steampunk! Zombies! Dystopia! I will definitely have to check this one out.

Marzi by Marzena Sowa. An autobiographical graphic novel about Sowa's life growing up in Poland.

So it was good, but then it ended and they had a bunch of ARCs in the corner and a crazy swarm of librarians descended upon them. The only one I wanted was Marzi. But I found myself trapped against the table and I couldn't get out. It was starting to hurt and I decided that being crushed to death at the Random House Fall Book Buzz was not how I wanted to die. So hopped up on the table, crawled down the length and climbed off at the other side. Sometimes drastic steps must be taken to get away from crazed librarians around free books. Scary.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness, Arianna, I'm glad you made it out of there safely, but I'm sorry you didn't get the ARC you wanted. I didn't realize how dangerous ALA could get, but so many of the titles you mention sound awesome. :) You can't really blame the librarians for wanting a first look. Hope you and Anna are still enjoying the conference!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...