Friday, March 18, 2011

Hunger Games Movie: BAH!


I'VE UPDATED THIS POST. If you haven't heard, the Hunger Games series (you can read Arianna's review of the third book here) by Suzanne Collins is being made into a movie. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of film adaptations of books because I feel that it's rarely done well, e.g. Twilight, Eclipse, New Moon. It's important as a start off point that you get the actors right, or so I'm told. But here we are again with another young adult book being made into a movie with another actress being put into it that just doesn't fit. Jennifer Lawrence from Winter's Bone is going to be Katniss. Wrong! I hate to say this but she's just too old! Old and tall and blonde. Do I think she can pull off the whole drama thing? Mostly. Do I think it's not going to help in general though? Yes. There's also a rumor that Alex Pettyfer from I Am Number Four and Hunter Parrish from Weeds are both looking to be Peeta. Bah.

Let's be honest, I'll go see the movie. I'll probably make Arianna, Jamie, and Alanna go with me. The only expectation I have is to giggle throughout the entire thing. My assumption is that it's going to be bad, maybe it'll surprise me but I doubt it.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your "BAH!" It's difficult enough for someone to portray a character after so many have their own image in their minds. This girl looks too refined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect word for her, refined, she doesn't look like the type of person who would know how to gut a fish let alone kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You clearly didn't see her clean a squirrel in Winter's Bone. Sure she doesn't look like Katniss, but I was thinking about Hunger Games when I was watching Winter's Bone. The characters are similar - self-reliant teenagers with limited resources who are forced to take care of their mother and younger sibling(s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While Hunter Parrish is beautiful, they would also have to dirty him up (and have him gain some weight to meet my imaginations). Also, I would love to giggle through this movie with you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...