Friday, February 11, 2011

News

The New York Times has suddenly realized that kids and young adults are reading e-books.

Who's Your Ideal Boyfriend? from Teenreads.com.  Unfortunately I got a Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss which I've heard good things about but haven't read.  Now I'll have to, since he's my ideal boyfriend and all.

 Remembering Brian Jacques.  From The Guardian.

Wow, I totally missed the kerfuffle over at Bitch Magazine earlier this month about their 100 Young Adult Books for the Feminist Reader.  After some negative comments, they removed three books from their list, which caused even more negative comments and several authors requesting to be removed from the list completely.  Scott Westerfeld, the first author to ask to be removed from the list, talks about it with PopMatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...