Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thus far...

So when we got here, Arianna went to the first speaker session with David Isay, founder of StoryCorps. I'm sure she'll post something about this later, so I will leave it for her. Jamie and I went and got a couple of ARCs signed, a couple debut authors and one by Judith Viorst and Lane Smith. Very exciting. So far I've loaded up for the first time with books, and I'm quite excited to get some more later today. Oh, I would also just like to make a random note that I was standing next to Maggie Stiefvater earlier and she seems adorable, very unassuming and funny. Right now we're at the second speaker session, they're giving out awards and Will Shortz is the keynote. It's wonderful and a bit sad to see these awards given out: it's outstanding that these individuals are being recognized for their work but it continues to bring to mind that libraries and librarians are facing difficult times and must overcome so much. Anyways, we are patiently waiting for Will and trying to recoup from heavy bags and tired feet. Later on more ARCs, book signings, the President's Program, and book cart drill teams!

Oh, just so you all know we are planning on creating a spreadsheet of all the ARCs that we've gotten sometime in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...